Throughout the previous editions of Craiova International Medical Students Conference, the Medical Students` Society of Craiova organized a wide number of workshops and conferences. These were structured as interactive presentations in which participants were not only encouraged to express their ideas and opinions, but also to improve their skills and abilities.
From the previous editions:
– Laboratory research: Experiments on mice – cooperating with the Physiology Department of the Craiova University of Medicine and Pharmacy;
– EEG&EMG Workshop – held by the Physiology Department;
– First Aid Techniques – cooperating with the Department of Emergency Medicine;
– Basic Airway Management – held by the Department of Emergency Medicine;
– Mini-Digestive Surgery Skills – cooperating with the members of the Surgical Students` Society of Craiova, under the supervision of a professor;
– Plastic Surgery Skills – organized together with the members of the Surgical Students` Society of Craiova;
– Molecular Genetics – held by the Department of Molecular Biology of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova;
– Interventional Radiology;
Starting since 2008 until 2015, about 2500 students and young doctors have attended the Craiova International Medical Students Conference both as active participants, presenting their scientific papers and passive, as observers. The previous edition brought together a number of 400 participants, including 60 participants from abroad.
In the last four editions of Craiova International Medical Students Conference, the number volunteers envolved in the Organizing Committee ranged from 60 to 200 volunteers, working in cooperation with over 30 professors from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova.